• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 25+ auction in Portland

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I will have more details soon but our club is about to sell off a 1981 E-25+ that was abandoned at our moorage.

Here is the model info:
https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/ericson-25-1

Note: This is *not* the earlier 70's E-25, rather is the newer model that later evolved into the 1980's Ericson 26.

Needs a lot of cleanup and work. Basics seem to be there, like spars and standing rig. No motor, and the motor mount needs a new board.
Running rigging is gross looking but appears to all be there.
Sail condition is unknown.
Pulpits and stanchions appear to be all good. The lid to the anchor locker is broken.

*Date and Time is Noon, May 29.

Successful bidder will be required to remove it by towing it away if necessary, by ten days from the date of sale. Absolutely.

Thank you!

Email me if you have questions.

Loren

Sailaway10 AT comcast DOT net

Attachments

• E-25+  abandoned.jpeg
    E-25+ abandoned.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Picture added

A charcoal-fired BBQ is rail mounted, also.

More importantly, since the OB lifting mechanism appears to be OK, a new motor-mount plywood board could be bolted on fairly quickly and then the buyer could put any small OB on it to get under way.
We just towed it to a different slip, and the helm responds normally, so the rudder and steering appear to be OK.

Regarding the picture -- the stains low on the side are, AFAIK, just dirt and mold from sitting several years with no cleaning. I do believe that the hull will buff out just fine.

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Sold

Unless there is an unforeseen hitch in procuring the title transfer, one of the bidders today did buy it, "for an undisclosed amount" as the old saying goes...
:rolleyes:

Thanks for your attention.