• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Anchor Light Replacement

bolbmw

Member III
My original anchor light has seen better days and is overdue for an LED replacement. Rather than just get an LED bulb I think the unit should be replaced, the plastic housing is cracked and opaque. This looks to be an old Perko navigation light, and according to Rigrite has a 2 3/8" round base.

Do you know of any drop in LED replacements that you would recommend ? It's a PITA to climb the mast, so I want to make as few trips as possible up there and am not found of drilling holes while 50' in the air.

IMG_1534.jpg IMG_1538.jpg IMG_1543.jpg

kiwisailor

Member III
Blogs Author
My original anchor light has seen better days and is overdue for an LED replacement. Rather than just get an LED bulb I think the unit should be replaced, the plastic housing is cracked and opaque. This looks to be an old Perko navigation light, and according to Rigrite has a 2 3/8" round base.

Do you know of any drop in LED replacements that you would recommend ? It's a PITA to climb the mast, so I want to make as few trips as possible up there and am not found of drilling holes while 50' in the air.

View attachment 26917 View attachment 26918 View attachment 26919

My mast is currently unstepped for winter storage so I decide to rewire it and install new LED light fittings. I wanted to use the anchor light pedestal and the only anchor light that can use the 2" base is the compact Hella Marine LED anchor light. https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|65136|2312550|2312552&id=2568470

I'm installing it this weekend.

sharonov

Member II
Replaced mine with a marinebeam unit. In fact, I replaced ALL lights with marinebeam products. Nice sealed unit for about half the price other quality brands charge. Had to hire a rigger to install it since you have to work above the top of the mast and bosun chair is not that convenient for that.