• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Water ring on interior wood

Phil Rushing

Member II
Hello everyone! I have a 1984 E28+ with a beautiful interior. But now I've gotten this "water mark" on the wood work just above the cabin sole in the main salon. I think its of my own creation because I overfilled the fresh water tank located under the port side settee. Stupid me, I kept trying to fill this tank to the max but it would never fill to the point of coming out of, or at least up to, the fill hole. I think you could run the hose in this tank Indefinitely and it would NEVER fill completely. Anyway I think when I overfilled the tank, the excess water I added escaped out an over flow valve somewhere and ran down to the bottom of the cabin, into the bilge, and then pumped out by the bilge pump. Problem is, the water tank is sealed into its compartment and I cannot access it to get a visual on where the over flow valve is or even if there is one. There has to be a vent somewhere for it to function, but I cannot see one any where. But if there isn't one, then where is all this excess water coming from?

So my issue is, could fresh water in the bilge be coming from me when I overfill the holding tank? I Just about have the whole damaged area repaired and looking beautiful again, but want to prevent a reoccurrence.

Thanks for any input on this!

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
That being said

The overflow vent for the E28 is the extra spigot in the head. Overfilled tanks should spill out into the sink.

If not, something is clogged or disconnected.

The owners manual is here: http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/vbdownloads.php?categoryid=13

That being said, if you have inspection/cleanout ports that leak those could be the source of the water. When I first filled the starboard tank on my 28/2 nothing came out of the tank vent in the head but plenty of water was running into the bilge. The inspection/cleanout ports on the top of the tank were seriously leaking. I removed and reinstalled the ports with the proper sealant and the problem was solved.