• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Mast Wiring - Old and new E27 ' 74

Clarime

Member I
Hello all
I am getting ready to run some new wire (wind sensor) through my mast and repair/replace some old wiring for lighting.
My question and hang up are getting the wire through the mast step and to the bottom of the boat to then run aft. The old wiring seams to run this way but a new wire (antenna) runs through the step and then along top of bulkhead to the side of the boat and then aft.
I would prefer to run them under the floor so that I don't have a bunch of wire running on the exterior of my bulk head.
Does anyone have any experience/advice with running the wires this way.

Thank you for all your help
Chris

sailing42

Member II
mast wiring

On Virgil -my E27 same vintage as yours, the mast wiring goes through the mast plate and into the head where it goes down the side of the mast support beam, concealed by a piece of wood trim that is screwed to the mast support beam. The piece of trim looks square and sits in the corner between the bulkhead and the mast support,(goes from the top to the bottom) but when you remove it you will see that it has a cutout for the wiring. There is a hole at the bottom corner of the floor and the wiring goes through that hole to the panel under the floor. With the trim in place you do not see any wires. I installed a waterproof terminal box so that the wiring can be removed when the mast is stepped. Terminal box is located under the access panel on the other side of the bulkhead in the cabin.
Hope this helps
John