• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Hello All pl advise on Ericson 39 1973,flat deck, problems to look for, pros and cons

sailoruno

Hello to All...I need some coaching from the experienced owners about the problems I need to know with the above Ericson 39, 1971...also sailing abilities !?..looking to do cruising in Caribbean..thank you !

gadangit

Member III
Hello to All...I need some coaching from the experienced owners about the problems I need to know with the above Ericson 39, 1971...also sailing abilities !?..looking to do cruising in Caribbean..thank you !

The good: Boat sails like a dream, very easy to handle as a singlehand or a cruising couple. We are definitely going cruising in ours.

The bad: The boat is 48 years old and will have numerous issues that anything half a century old sitting in saltwater would have.

The ugly: To hear all of the potential issues that would scare off most people who just want to go sailing and not fixing their sailboat: go to advanced search above and put E39 in the Tag(s) field and hit search. You could also search by anything I've posted, I've covered a lot of this ground on very specific issues that came up and not covered by a tag.

Feel free to ask anything specific, happy to help. If you are looking at a particular boat you could always link to the sellers ad, we all love to give opinions about boats for sale.

Chris