• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Spring time in the boat yard

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Spring haul out, Columbia River, @ PDX, March '19

Wish I had one of the launch, with new (same) blue bottom paint. Hull still has a nice shine from last year's buffing out.
This was the initial lift, before blocking.

Great Thread Idea !
:egrin:

Attachments

• Just lifted, stern-lorez.jpg
    Just lifted, stern-lorez.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Lift and wash, lorez.jpg
    Lift and wash, lorez.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 14

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
I have been using Hydracoat for the last 12 years.
Mostly because the boatyard let me do my own work and the paint is water bases so you can reuse your rollers and brushes for the second coat. The low VOC is nice and I have had great results. Last bottom job lasted 5 years. Great stuff Hydracoat! If you read the instructions, you can get a very smooth finish by spraying the hull with a water before applying the first coat. Been doing that...Freaks people out!

The boatyard owner retired last year so now the only yard that will let me work is 9 hours away. So this year I had it done and had to give the instruction to spray the hull with water. The guy thought I was nuts! He did it and it looked great.

GrandpaSteve

Sustaining Member
I have been using Hydracoat for the last 12 years.
Mostly because the boatyard let me do my own work and the paint is water bases so you can reuse your rollers and brushes for the second coat. The low VOC is nice and I have had great results. Last bottom job lasted 5 years. Great stuff Hydracoat! If you read the instructions, you can get a very smooth finish by spraying the hull with a water before applying the first coat. Been doing that...Freaks people out!

The boatyard owner retired last year so now the only yard that will let me work is 9 hours away. So this year I had it done and had to give the instruction to spray the hull with water. The guy thought I was nuts! He did it and it looked great.

I have been using Hydrocoat ECO for 5 years and I am very happy with the performance. Thanks for the smoothing information.