• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 38-200 for Sail

and another one...

Just saw this on craigslist today. Looks like a good deal though I have never seen the boat.

https://newyork.craigslist.org/stn/boa/d/staten-island-sailboat-ericson-serenity/6871898980.html

I know of another 38 in Seabright NJ https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1984/ericson-38-3242287/?refSource=standard listing
I know the owners well and we almost bought this boat last summer. We walked because we decided this was too big for us right now. This boat has new sails, new radar, a great newish motor 3hm. Great bones. Some cosmetics need work. It's the deep keel version. This boat is very fast.

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Some cosmetics need work.

It always amazes me that owners (and brokers) will include photos like that in their listings.

It'd take maybe 15 minutes worth of work (de-clutter a little down below, take down the tarp over the cockpit and the hammock on the foredeck, straighten the cushions, tidy up some lines, etc) to give the boat a chance at a *much* more favorable first impression.

It always amazes me that owners (and brokers) will include photos like that in their listings.

It'd take maybe 15 minutes worth of work (de-clutter a little down below, take down the tarp over the cockpit and the hammock on the foredeck, straighten the cushions, tidy up some lines, etc) to give the boat a chance at a *much* more favorable first impression.

Yup... the broker should have said something at least...

Bolo

Contributing Partner
You only get one first impression

I’m a “semi-retired” commercial photographer (photographers never really retire. We just fade away. Bad old photographer’s joke.) When I worked (or still work) with a client, no matter what the product or service, I always stressed that they needed to prepare, whatever they were selling, to look it’s absolute best because we all buy with our eyes first. If we like what we see then we’ll investigate further. My first impression of a messy looking boat is that the owner doesn’t care and so what condition are the other things on board that you can’t see? Doesn’t matter what the copy says, it’s always what the photos say that comes first.

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
Just a thought and I have no facts in this case. Sometimes the owner has passed away and the family just wants to sell. I have a friend who's bother-in-law passed away quickly and the widow just wants his well loved boat gone. She loved the boat as well but the memory is too difficult for her.