• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Cutlass Bearing for 1978 E27

japerra

Member II
Looking for a cutlass bearing for my 1978 E27. I have taken some measurements with a micrometer but a little concerned that the od of the bearing may be off.
My first time doing a job of this magnitude so could use some advice if anyone has done this recently. If so, confirmation of dimensions of the bearing would be a great help.
Thank you in advance as always.
James

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
Looking for a cutlass bearing for my 1978 E27. I have taken some measurements with a micrometer but a little concerned that the od of the bearing may be off.
My first time doing a job of this magnitude so could use some advice if anyone has done this recently. If so, confirmation of dimensions of the bearing would be a great help.
Thank you in advance as always.
James

James - I have no idea why no one has responded yet, and I can't give you specifics of ID or OD. That said, cutlass bearings are built to a standard and the OD is measured in 1/8" steps for N. American boats of this vintage. So much for the micrometer. :) The exact length may not be available - that's what hacksaws are for.

A google search will find many sources. Here's one, but not a recommendation, I just picked a sample. I would guess that you would want to find a source in Canada.

https://www.deepblueyachtsupply.com/brass-cutlass-bearing

Last edited:

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Bearing

Dug out a receipt from 2007. If your shaft is 3/4" the West Marine reference number from then was 379917. Dimensions 1 1/4" OD x 3" length for a 3/4" shaft.

Last edited: