• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 26 (1987) New Main

Hello, everyone. Hoping you're enjoying decent early spring weather. I have a 1987 Ericson 26 (IV, I believe).
I'd like to replace the main with a good basic sail, but this time one with full battens. Any recommendations for good, reasonably priced options? Thanks in advance for any help.
Pete

Filkee

Sustaining Member
Sailing Partners

I second that, Bill Fastiggi is a total ace and will take good care of you.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Regarding the layout...

Sounds like you have your design in mind, but if your sailmaker suggests a 2+2 batten arrangement instead of all full battens, you should listen and consider this.

What I refer to is having the top two battens full length, and the lower two a little longer than traditional. Works about 95% as well as full battens at stopping luffing noise and wear, and usually will not require special ($$) slugs and/or track.

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
Have you spoken with Bill of Vermont Sailing Partners or Ed of the Doyle outlet?

I'd talk to both of them. Both of them have done well for me. Ed Trombley recently and Bill Fastiggi back in the Shore Sails days. I'm still using Bill's main which has decent shape after all of these years.