• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

"Grohe Specialty Faucet with Pull Out Spray" looking for replacement

bkuchinic

Member II
Well, this is embarrassing! I managed to lose the shower handle to my Grohe faucet, while carrying it around looking for a replacement for a leaking hose. The base unit, ex the missing handle, is installed in my 1992 Ericson 34-II. I've been hoping the faucet would reveal its hiding place over this past winter, but it has not. From my investigations it seems this unit may be out of production. Does anyone know where I might find a replacement handle and elbow for the unit depicted on the attached document, or recommend a replacement unit?

View attachment Grohe Specialty Marine Faucet.pdf

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Our 1988 came with two of those expensive faucets. The one in the galley (gets the most use) finally had its pull-out hose start to unravel the metal spiral stuff. Since the chrome was starting to blister, I replaced the unit.
I could not find the exact one for sale but did find a nearly-identical one at Scandvik.com.
The remaining faucet has a few more years of life.

Scandvik sells replacement parts, also.

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Thank you Loren, I ordered a different unit this morning, and I'm hoping it will fit. If it doesn't I'll try the Scandvik. There is no visibility and little space behind the sink in my E-34, so installing either one looks like a challenge. Here's what I ordered:

https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|51|2234270|2234273&id=2117650

Not much space in our galley either..... I recall that this was part of replacing the countertop Formica (r), and I had the sink out for refurbishing as well.

sgwright67

Member III
Warranty?

This probably doesn't apply, but it's worth asking about warranty. According to this, they are lifetime warranty since 1997.

https://www.grohe.ca/en_ca/our-service/warranty/

We built our house in 2002, and recently replaced several faucets by Moen and Danze, and both manufacturers honoured their lifetime warranty, sending us new parts, and in one case, a whole new faucet, for the cost of shipping.

I suspect that very few people ever claim this lifetime warranty, which most brands now seem to have.