• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E38 fuel tank shape and new digital tank sensor

KTROBI_VALHALLA

Member II
As I continue to bring my 29 year old 'Valhalla' into the 'digital age', I am kicking around another summer project of adding a new fuel gauge to my helm and or to the nav station. The process of peeling back a mattress loaded with crap to check my fuel tanks fairly innaccurate mechanical gauge is getting tiresome. Yes, I readily admit I have run her dry on multiple occasions (once fifty feet from the fuel dock in a very busy Friday Harbor Marina) and I don't carry an extra jerry can topside as I probably should. I am looking at the possibility of adding a Maretron tlm100 fuel tank sensor which would plug into my NMEA 2000 backbone so to display fuel tank levels at helm and nav station. The device seems simple enough and installation seems to be straight forward. Calibration of the device is necessary for accuracy which requires knowing the shape and depth of the tank. I have searched through the forums' topics and have found pics of tank shapes, but not for the tank bottom. Does anybody know whether the E38-200 tank bottom is flat or is there a funky irregular shape? Also is the tank depth fairly uniform or is there a 'deep spot'? If anybody has experience with the Maretron tank sensor product feedback would be helpful as well. Thanks for any advice in advance. While I love the song, Jackson Brownes 'Running On Empty' is no longer an option!

KTROBI_VALHALLA

Member II