• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Funny?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
New - with all up to date systems - Oh My !
Are they taking down payments ??
:)

(In this post-actual-sailing-market world of today it would be viewed as an alien vessel. Sigh. ) :rolleyes:

nquigley

Sustaining Member

(In this post-actual-sailing-market world of today it would be viewed as an alien vessel. Sigh. ) :rolleyes:

Now, being April Fools Day, I'm going to go home and view the evening news as a parody .... wait ... it's been unbelievable for sometime now - maybe it'll feel comfortably normal tonight.

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author

I feel like you could buy an E37 hull, pay a yard to essentially refit the entire thing brand new, and it'd probably still come out cheaper than a brand new boat!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Classic's never go out of style

I feel like you could buy an E37 hull, pay a yard to essentially refit the entire thing brand new, and it'd probably still come out cheaper than a brand new boat!

I know a master boat wright that has routinely done such projects on boats for 20 years. Mostly Cascade 36's with an occasional Cascade 27 or 42. He did a stunning remanufacture of an Ericson 30-1, also.
A full on restoration of a well designed already-strong hull like the E-37, might come in at about 90K to 130K. There are few equivalent craft to compare it to at less than 300K.
That's just my guess from watching boats go thru his shop.

Given the paucity of new offshore "real sailing" boats like this being built these days, this seems worth while.... but that's just an opinion.

All things considered, I would probably throw my money (if I still had both youth and money) at restoring an Ericson 38. :egrin: