• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

35 3 pumpout threads

JoeH

Member I
So for the first time in three years and eight states, I tried to get pumped out and the marina manager said that they don't make an adapter the size to fit. I've been to many marinas that had the correct size.
Unfortunately this is at my new home marina.
Does anyone know the stock thread size for this so I can make one? He has 1&1/2 and 1&1/4, that's all.
Thanks

Hagar2sail

Member III
Blogs Author
Love to find out the answer to this as today we ran into the same problem with our 35-3. Marina we will be using all the time had six adaptors. None of which fit our socket?!

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
Why the need for a custom adapter? My Marina has a cone shaped universal fitting--fits in any tube +/- 1" or so from our deck fitting. It seals tight. You can feel the suction-break when you lift it out of the fitting.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Why the need for a custom adapter? My Marina has a cone shaped universal fitting--fits in any tube +/- 1" or so from our deck fitting. It seals tight. You can feel the suction-break when you lift it out of the fitting.

Same here, both at the pump out dock @ out club and at the public pump outs. If you want the matching thread, you would need to ID the thread diameter and thread count, from the existing plug. Then do some shopping.
There is one (or two) vendors providing all of the pump out systems around the country, AFAIK. Contact that company - name displayed on the pump housing - and ask them about this.

Hagar2sail

Member III
Blogs Author

Previous place we used had that exact cone type system. I think the difference is this new place uses a manual pump (it’s a diy type thing). So without power it is hard to keep that suction and the threaded fitting is needed??