• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

A-4 thermostat

Parrothead

Member III
Are you aware of Moyer Marine's new thermostat? It was designed and manufactured by Moyer as a direct replacement for the original Holley 3 spring dual action thermostat, often referred to as the Holy Grail of thermostats, for the late model engine. It's been available for only about a year. I have one installed on my FWC A-4 and it has performed flawlessly. Pricing is a few dollars less than the Indigo product.
https://moyermarine.com/product/mmi-thermostat-150-degree/

steven

Sustaining Member
Thanks. I like Moyer. Bought replacement head (and gaskets) and carb from them last year.
Will probably convert to electronic ignition this year rather than mess with the points.
They are very helpful in selecting parts and things arrive promptly as advertised.

The Inigo unit looks more complicated, but it might just be razzle l dazzle. I'll compare both in a little more detail.

I note that the Moyer link says keeps the engine in the 170 - 185 range (raw water cooling).
My A-4 routinely runs around 140 with 70-ish (or even higher) deg intake.

What temp have you been experiencing with the Moyer thermo ?

thanks
--Steve

Parrothead

Member III
My FWC A-4 with the Moyer thermostat routinely runs at 150°~160°. I would expect your RWC engine to be about the same and in consideration of salt precipitate that's probably a good thing.

I should add that I'm pumping coolant electrically, the engine is a direct drive and I'm running a fixed 2 blade 10x8 prop.

Last edited: