• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Lewmar Winch Install Instruction

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I just received my two new housetop winches to replace/upgrade from the old size 30 Lewmar's.
They are pretty to look at, but the box contains no (zero) installation instruction.

The base orientation is important (or at least it always has been important in the past) for the incoming line loading.

Anyone know of a info source or PDF link??

Thanks,
Loren

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Found It

Finally. Took the rest of the packing box apart. Out of sight between layers of folded cardboard was the little thin fold-out flyer with the install instructions. Very small print but readable with good lighting and maybe a magnifier.
Removing the winch from the little carton was not sufficient to reveal the hiding place.
I should have been more curious to start with.
The printed instruction addressing base orientation is still 90% short of the excellent PDF diagram I found on-line for a Harken product, tho.

So, it's really mostly my fault... perhaps according to their marketing department.... !
:rolleyes:

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
The printed instruction addressing base orientation is still 90% short of the excellent PDF diagram I found on-line for a Harken product, tho.

Agreed. The diagram shows how to orient the winch so that the "output gear" is in tangential to the load. But - at least on the 30STs I installed last year, there are *two* output gears at the base, and the diagram was... pretty unhelpful in decoding that.

Bruce

lewmar.jpg