• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

1987 E34 project on YW

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
"After this boat was listed there was a intake hose issue and she took on water above the motor and transmission. She most likely will need a motor and wiring work after getting wet. Give us a call and we can talk about this vessel more."

You gotta wonder--Did the boat actually sink? How long was the submergence event? What was insurance outcome?
As usual, question is if you spend 30K is the result a boat worth 30K+ purchase price.
Glad this specimen is too far away for me to get sucked into the whirlpool of what-ifs.

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Oh No!

I guess I should have kept that Yanmar. Sorry, no more projects for me. Have to follow orders. I'm actually going to be in MD in two weeks and for the fun of it may take a look. If I get permission.

Last edited:

gc_sailor

Rule of Thumb, Electric E34-2
New Owner

I guess I should have kept that Yanmar. Sorry, no more projects for me. Have to follow orders. I'm actually going to be in MD in two weeks and for the fun of it may take a look. If I get permission.

She's up and sailing with a new electric motor. Lesson, make sure you get a marine valve in your intake line if you plan to use a winterizing pigtail into antifreeze (and make sure it is closed when you start the engine in the spring). Water on the boat for 3 days up to 18"s and she did not sink. Excellent effort to dry her out and clean up by previous owner. Oiled all the teak and the water line is gone. Almost all the wiring was above the water line, just had to rewire bilge pump and all engine harness was pulled for the new motor. Not sure I would have called this one a "project boat" but then again all 30+ year old boats have there share of projects.