Panel Upgrade - I "THINK" I did it correct + a few questions on a 30+

zagnut

This is my second winter with my 1984 Ericson 30+ and in an effort to not drive my wife crazy through the winter doldrums, I decided to tackle the overdue and notorious panel / wiring harness upgrade. This entails replacing the ammeter with a volt meter, cutting out the "trailer plugs" and jumping the alternator to starter with a 2/0 AWG. I feel I have read all of the threads in regards to this but still have a few questions:

1) Overall - does it "appear" that I have things wired correctly at the panel? (Top left to right: temp, volts; Bottom L - R: key, low oil light, starter, glow plug).

2) In regards to fuses - There was a 20 AMP in line fuse on the yellow starter wire near the starter. I replaced the entire wire to 10 AWG. I am assuming that I need to keep that (new of course) 20 amp in line fuse? Also there was an inline fuse (could not ID the amperage) on a 10 AWG wire at the panel going from the key switch to the ammeter (which I have replaced with a new volt meter). Do I need to place an inline fuse at the panel on the battery (red) 10 AWG or on any other and if so, what amp should it be? Should I have any fuses elsewhere and if so what size? I have installed the 2/0 jumper from the alternator to the starter.

IMG_0467.jpgIMG_0528.jpg

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
The order is the same as on our 1984 E30+. It looks like you've done a very nice job. I'm not at our boat, so can't comment on the fuses.
Frank