• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Panel Upgrade - I "THINK" I did it correct + a few questions on a 30+

zagnut

This is my second winter with my 1984 Ericson 30+ and in an effort to not drive my wife crazy through the winter doldrums, I decided to tackle the overdue and notorious panel / wiring harness upgrade. This entails replacing the ammeter with a volt meter, cutting out the "trailer plugs" and jumping the alternator to starter with a 2/0 AWG. I feel I have read all of the threads in regards to this but still have a few questions:

1) Overall - does it "appear" that I have things wired correctly at the panel? (Top left to right: temp, volts; Bottom L - R: key, low oil light, starter, glow plug).

2) In regards to fuses - There was a 20 AMP in line fuse on the yellow starter wire near the starter. I replaced the entire wire to 10 AWG. I am assuming that I need to keep that (new of course) 20 amp in line fuse? Also there was an inline fuse (could not ID the amperage) on a 10 AWG wire at the panel going from the key switch to the ammeter (which I have replaced with a new volt meter). Do I need to place an inline fuse at the panel on the battery (red) 10 AWG or on any other and if so, what amp should it be? Should I have any fuses elsewhere and if so what size? I have installed the 2/0 jumper from the alternator to the starter.

IMG_0467.jpgIMG_0528.jpg

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
The order is the same as on our 1984 E30+. It looks like you've done a very nice job. I'm not at our boat, so can't comment on the fuses.
Frank