• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Graphic "No Discharge" Sign seen in Australia

u079721

Contributing Partner
Just returned yesterday from a month long self-driving holiday in Australia (so far retirement's been pretty good). And while wandering around a marina in Lakes Entrance in Victoria I came across this sign, which I assume is meant to imply a "No Discharge" zone around the dock. A bit graphic for my taste, and I'm not sure if everyone will get the message. What do you think? Does the lower left figure suggest no discharge to you?

Attachments

• IMG_0426.jpg
    IMG_0426.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

fool

Member III
What do you think? Does the lower left figure suggest...

no cannonballing other people who are not swimming in the water (because there's no swimming).

Hmmm... now I'll never be able to look at that sign again without thinking "no discharge".

tenders

Innocent Bystander
If the scale in the diagram were accurate, anyone apprehended for violating that statute could reasonably seek leniency due to medical hardship.

u079721

Contributing Partner
Well shucks guys, if that sign really means "No Jumping" I feel pretty silly. But that's not what I got when I first saw it. In my defense, having just seen this other warning sign (below) in a nearby bathroom I might have had poo on the brain.

Attachments

• Poo Sign.JPG
    Poo Sign.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 90

supersailor

Contributing Partner
It's all wrapped up in "the Law of Unintended Consequences". We see it so many times in the various governmental laws (oops!) and sometimes in private companies. Toyota TRD trucks are sometimes joked about for being smelly off roaders instead of Toyota Research and Development hopped up trucks.

Carry on.

Last edited:

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
"poop on the brain" apparently goes around from time to time....

wife-on-the-phone-with-husband-0-i-dont-know-what-30149615.png

As a random aside, I work in a place where there are a fair number of software engineers brought in from other countries on H1-B visas. There is an apparent need - in our corporate headquarters campus - to put up signs in the restroom advising men to use the urinal rather than just standing over the drain in the floor. So it goes.

Last edited: