• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Sailing nightmares

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
You know you think about your boat too much when you start to have nightmares about it. Last night, I dreamt I had to navigate a river/channel that was only 2 yds wide with murky ground threatening my keel on each side...we navigated the channel for a few hours only for me to realize we'd navigated to the mouth of the Columbia River (?) and I needed to be back inland in just a few hours for dinner. I somehow reached under my boat to check the keel for damage, which only makes sense if my boat was tiny, and then my boat became model-sized, too small to sail. And then my mast/rigging was gone. What the hell, subconscious!

This thread probably won't contribute to the "best of all time on EYO" but to make me feel less crazy, do you dream about your boats too?

Navman

Member III
I have sailed many a asphalt road to get to deeper water not to mention the numerous 1' deep creek beds always at hull speed with full sails. Never got a scratch on the boat or damaged the 6'6" keel though. Funny how that works. I always woke up with a "what the **%#? was that all about, should I be worried? Freud would have a field day interpreting these dreams. It just lends credence to the thought that most sailors are crazy however well functioning :) Now where did I put that rum?