• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Raw water strainer E32 200 1990

frosero7744

Member II
Im looking to install a raw water strainer on my E32 200. i attached a pic (or attempted to at least), with some markings of where i think i can put the new filter and rerun the lines. i was planning on using a GROCO ARG S Series raw water filter. Any tips, comments or recommendation are appreciated.

Fernando

Attachments

• 20190304 Raw water markup1.pdf
    167.2 KB · Views: 20

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
I put a Groco ARG-755 in my 32-III last summer.

I ended up bolting a vertical support to the side of one of the engine-beds, for a couple of reasons.... it proved to be a good spot for being able to see it, an efficient way to route the plumbing, and it got the Groco up above the waterline (as they recommend) so I could clear any crud out of the basket without having to close the intake thru-hull.

Post (with photo) here: http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoex...nce-and-spares&p=108853&viewfull=1#post108853

Bruce

David Grimm

E38-200
Mine is above the water line but very tough to get to being that it is under the sink forward of the alternator. The intake thru hull is however pretty accessible.

Attachments

• 20190304_160807.jpg
    20190304_160807.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 57

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
An extension puts the Groco above the seacock under my sink. This is before I cleaned the area up cosmetically.

Attachments

• sink drain A.jpg
    sink drain A.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 10
  • sink drain B.jpg
    sink drain B.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 13

frosero7744

Member II
Hadn't thought about putting in the engine compartment. Thought maybe best to catch the junk sooner than later. Was also thinking thinking below the waterline vs above.

......more googling

thanks for the input guys