• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

tank

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
This is easy. Pull out the original tank. There will be a manufacture stamp on the tank.

1. Do an internet search for the manufacture and give them the code imprinted on the original tank

If the manufacture is not in business Contact Ronco and a technician will walk you through measuring specs for a replacement.

MJS

micguire

Member I
This is easy. Pull out the original tank. There will be a manufacture stamp on the tank.

1. Do an internet search for the manufacture and give them the code imprinted on the original tank

If the manufacture is not in business Contact Ronco and a technician will walk you through measuring specs for a replacement.

MJS
Thank you!

markvone

Sustaining Member
Michael,

I'll give you 10:1 odds it's a Ronco. It should have the "Ronco" and tank model # in raised plastic (zoom in on the right pic, just above the sticker).

If it's original there will be an E31 in marker on it and a date too.

FWIW, mine was original and I removed and cleaned it. It was in good shape so I re-used it. With all new hoses and a much bigger tank vent, I have no odor issues at all with the original tank. I added the clear port on top for visual level check. I also added a SCAD level gauge which works well but the simple view port is all I really needed.

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_1182.jpg
    IMG_1182.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1202.jpg
    IMG_1202.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 30

micguire

Member I
Michael,

I'll give you 10:1 odds it's a Ronco. It should have the "Ronco" and tank model # in raised plastic (zoom in on the right pic, just above the sticker).

If it's original there will be an E31 in marker on it and a date too.

FWIW, mine was original and I removed and cleaned it. It was in good shape so I re-used it. With all new hoses and a much bigger tank vent, I have no odor issues at all with the original tank. I added the clear port on top for visual level check. I also added a SCAD level gauge which works well but the simple view port is all I really needed.

Mark
Thank you Mark, I will contact Ronco. The po removed the tank for cleaning and ...poof it’s gone .

Glyn Judson

Replaceement holding tank for your E31 hull #47

Dear John, I have no reason to suspect that the original tank in your E31, hull #47 was any different from the one in our E31 hull #55 and if that's the case, contact the OEM, Ronco Plastics here in SoCal and arrange to have the identical tank made, a 13 gallon capacity 11-W, T1945. The only difference between the original in our boat that began to leak at a fitting crack is that in the intervening years Ronco made the wall thickness heavier, adding slightly to the overall size by a mere 1/8" or so. I took the opportunity to remake a new plywood base for the tank, insuring a perfect fit. I asked that they add a 3 or 4"(?) threaded inspection plate to the top for use when completely rinsing the tank with a garden hose. A good practice is to faithfully use Odorlos nature friendly, holding tank treatment (West Marine, etc). Their instructions recommend an ounce per 10 gallon capacity that I have successfully used substituting my 13 gallons with perfect results. I replaced my tank in January, 2003. It's still tight, leak free and completely odorless. Send them an isometric drawing of the tank with size and locations of the fittings you want and they will make it for you with a very fast turnaround. I happened to have driven down to pick mine up, only to discover that they hadn't even made the tank, preferring to let me see the entire process. The spinning (that's how they're made) took 13 minutes and a few more for the steel pattern plates to cool down. After that a technician using my drawing spun each fitting into the tank melting to the two compatible plastics into one permanent seal. All the while I watched, it was fascinating. Best of luck Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey CA

micguire

Member I
Dear John, I have no reason to suspect that the original tank in your E31, hull #47 was any different from the one in our E31 hull #55 and if that's the case, contact the OEM, Ronco Plastics here in SoCal and arrange to have the identical tank made, a 13 gallon capacity 11-W, T1945. The only difference between the original in our boat that began to leak at a fitting crack is that in the intervening years Ronco made the wall thickness heavier, adding slightly to the overall size by a mere 1/8" or so. I took the opportunity to remake a new plywood base for the tank, insuring a perfect fit. I asked that they add a 3 or 4"(?) threaded inspection plate to the top for use when completely rinsing the tank with a garden hose. A good practice is to faithfully use Odorlos nature friendly, holding tank treatment (West Marine, etc). Their instructions recommend an ounce per 10 gallon capacity that I have successfully used substituting my 13 gallons with perfect results. I replaced my tank in January, 2003. It's still tight, leak free and completely odorless. Send them an isometric drawing of the tank with size and locations of the fittings you want and they will make it for you with a very fast turnaround. I happened to have driven down to pick mine up, only to discover that they hadn't even made the tank, preferring to let me see the entire process. The spinning (that's how they're made) took 13 minutes and a few more for the steel pattern plates to cool down. After that a technician using my drawing spun each fitting into the tank melting to the two compatible plastics into one permanent seal. All the while I watched, it was fascinating. Best of luck Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey CA
Glyn, I was hoping I would hear from you. I did send you a private message to let you know I was the new owner of hull 47. Thank you for the information. Regards, Michael

Glyn Judson

E31 hull #47 contact info.

Michael, I checked my private messages and didn't see one from you. Will you contact me directly at glynjudson@roadrunner.com? I'll be happy to share a bit more about our holding tam=nk installation and the electric macerator piping put, etc. Thanks, Glyn