• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

1995 Yanmar 2GM20F

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
I have a 95' Yanmar 2GM20F and transmission, with control panel and wiring harness. This engine was removed from my abandoned 81' E-28+ project boat. I tested it last year and it started right up with good oil pressure. However, it has excess crankcase pressure which means it needs upper end work. The hour meter on the control panel was disconnected when I got the engine and it read 450 hours. I don't believe it. It probably needs to be re-bored with over size pistons and rings as well as a valve job. I spoke with a local diesel expert and he said that since the engine sat for so long there may not be an upper end problem. Things may just need to seat in again. I'd take this chore on but since I did my M-12 last year I'll leave the fun to someone else. If I can sell it whole I'll part it out. As is I'd like to get $2500 for it.

PICT0216.jpg

Last edited:

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Test

I posted a YouTube video of this engine starting and running today. If anyone is interested. Sorry, not tech savvy enough to give a direct link.