• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Rub rail for an E27

Fencer21

Member II
I would like to replace the rub rail on my E27, does anyone know where and how I can obtain a new one?

We've had some rain here in southern Nevada this past month (a lot of it) and the oxidation has run onto my newly color-sanded and buffed hull sides (and they look great too btw). Anyway, the oxidation is making the hull sides look shabby, and I'd like to replace it.

Kassiopeia, hull #517

Mike.Gritten

Member III
Rubrails

I think that if you use the "Search" function here, you will find lots of info on the rubrails. I believe that they are available at Pacific Seacraft. The trick, as I understand it, is to get the continuous lengths to fit your boat, and I believe they are sold in multiples of 20' or something like that. Maybe I'm way out to lunch...do the search and it will tell you what you need to know!

Ray Hughes

Member I
Rubrail chalking

An alternative to replacing the rubrails may be to use a product called "Vinylon." It is designed to adhere to flexible poly-synthetics and rubber, such as marker buoys. I bought a quart of this stuff from Seattle Marine for about $18.00. Follow the instructions and you can't go wrong. A lot more cost effective than replacing the rubrails. Good luck with your project. --Ray Hughes, 1971 E-29 "Capricious."