• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Shipping/delivery

Forde35

Hey guys,
I’m looking at an e35-2 in NY and if I buy it will need to get it to VA where we live. Does anybody have experience in with a reputable shipper or delivery crew. Thanks

markvone

Sustaining Member
Where in NY?

I shipped my boat with GA Norman Marine Service out of Aberdeen, MD back in 2011 from CA to MD. Sonny and his wife are great. You can see their current rating on Uship.com (5 out of 5). I see Sonny's truck delivering new Beneteaus from SC at Bert Jabins across the creek every so often. I would contact him directly. I can dig up contact info if you get that far.

If you have the time, making the trip yourself (from NYC area) would be a great adventure and not long (~ week). Much longer from upstate. If the mast can stay up, it will be much less expensive to have a delivery crew deliver because you will save all the disassembly for truck shipping, un-stepping mast and disassemble rigging, other breakdown if needed (radar mast, pulpits, etc), boatyard loading the trailer, the actual shipping and then all in reverse at your destination. A delivery captain/crew will jump on and sail/motor to VA - downsides: more engine hours and sailing wear and tear.

Mark

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
Hauler

We just purchased a Hunter 376 and had it trucked from Atlanta to Pensacola by The Boat Exchange, Rick was ausom, easy to work with, professional and met our timetable perfectly. He even text pictures of the boat so the overnight stop. His number is 803-429-6947. His pricing was much better than others.