• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Proud new Ericson owner!

Sonny Parker

As of this morning, me and the wife are proud new owners of a 1982 E25+ with the yanmar diesel! I am not however a owner of a headsail, the boat didn’t come with one. Either way, I think I made a good decision for our first boat. Would love to know what you guys think of these models, as well as anything new owner should know. If someone has roller furler, and foresail dimensions (or one for sale) and would like to shoot them my way that would be great as well. It’s nice to be here and I look forward to picking y’alls brains.

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Welcome to the family!

I don't know anything about the 25+, so can't help there, but... i'm sure others will be chiming in on those questions.

Bruce

supersailor

Contributing Partner
E-25+'s are good little boats. Was back when, I almost bought an E-25 but went with a San Juan 26 instead as I really liked the keel/centerboard arrangement on the San Juan.

Is this one a keel version or a centerboard version? Look at sailboatdata.com for the relevant dimensions. You can go used or new. I used North Sails Direct for a new suit of sails for the 26. The price was great and am happy with the sails.

If you are only going to have one headsail, you may want to consider a smaller sail like a working jib (110% or 120%) as a large headsail will overpower the boat in heavy winds.

Last edited:

Sonny Parker

E-25+'s are good little boats. Was back when, I almost bought an E-25 but went with a San Juan 26 instead as I really liked the keel/centerboard arrangement on the San Juan.

Is this one a keel version or a centerboard version? Look at sailboatdata.com for the relevant dimensions. You can go used or new. I used North Sails Direct for a new suit of sails for the 26. The price was great and am happy with the sails.

If you are only going to have one headsail, you may want to consider a smaller sail like a working jib (110% or 120%) as a large headsail will overpower the boat in heavy winds.

To my understanding the E25 had swing keel options, but the 25+ didn’t. Thanks for the info.