• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 32-3 Freeboard??

Mack8964

Member I
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone tell me what the freeboard measurement is for my boat? I'm trying to order a mooring pendant and can't seem to find the measurement anywhere.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Well, we know the draft is 6'. So, looking at this picture, I'd guess the freeboard is less than 4' max.

"Close enough for jazz."

e32-3 draft.jpg

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
... freeboard is less than 4' max. "Close enough for jazz."

Definitely close enough for jazz

When I was trying to figure out whether the boat-on-a-truck would be under the 13' target height, I took some measurements....

Interpolating from my scribbled notes, below, the bow freeboard is probably around 4'-4 (6'-7" "pulpit to water", minus 2'-3" pulpit height).... the freeboard at the transom is probably around 3'-2" (5'-2" "pulpit to water" minus 2' pulpit height).

(Edited to add: note that the draft is actually 6'-0", as Christian has said. I was told that the keel would be sitting on a 2" thick wood block, on the truck, so I fudged in an extra 2 inches. I was trying to figure out "worst case" so I knew if I'd need to remove pulpits before loading on the truck to make the height limit. I didn't.)

Your mileage may vary, contents may have settled during shipping, no horses were harmed in the making of this movie....

Bruce

topsides.jpg

Last edited: