• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Not an Ericson, but... close

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
There are two different C&C-34s for sale in the Puget Sound right now. One in Bellingham, one in Gig Harbor, both asking less than 30k.

1980s Bruce King design, well made by C&C. If I hadn't been able to find my Ericson, I would have seriously considered one of these.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/d/bellingham-34ft-cc-sailboat/6799129731.html

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/bod/d/gig-harbor-cc-34-sailboat-1980-excellent/6794223590.html

The only thing that might give me pause is that C&C built with balsa-cored hulls as well as decks in that era. Ericson hulls are solid layup. Not a deal-breaker, but something to consider.

No connection to either boat, just passing info along.

Bruce

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Always liked C&Cs. And the owner listed first is a realist:

Ready to curse today, all dishes and tools included

Last edited:

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
C&C 35 was the boat that got away, before I came upon my Ericson. I'm glad things turned out how they did.

I did avoid the 34's in my search, though - the balsa core is concerning, as you mentioned.

*edit* oh that green one is pretty, though.

Last edited:

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
I also looked heavily at C&Cs before buying my E-boat. The C&C 30 was an all-around classic. I looked at a nice C&C 34 and the owner was very upfront about having had a few blisters repaired over the last few years. Then I started thinking.......blisters......cored hull......don't want to go there. I believe the cored hulls only appeared on their boat lengths above 33 ft.