• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E-15 gas

supersailor

Contributing Partner
Hey everyone, E-15 gas has now been approved for general distribution. It is death for outboards and gas inboards. The E-10 gas was horrible but at least my outboard made it through three tankfuls before clogging up totally. I found a station that sells 0 ethonal fuel. It is more expensive but far cheaper than rebuilding the carburetor every third fill up. I also fuel the yard equipment and the antique sports cars with it. I've gone from all kinds of problems to almost none. This ethanol mandate makes corn farmers deliouslery happy but it should make the rest of us insanely angry.

By the way, E-15 is prohibited for use in boats but it will be sold at the pump so anyone can pour it into anything. Farmers have clout.

kapnkd

kapnkd
Thank goodness our yacht club put in fuel capabilities and the gasoline sold is of the “Recreational” variety that is safe for inboards and outboards. They sell it to us and other AYC boaters at a more reasonable price than marinas or the few local gas stations who handle it.

“E” fuels are to be avoided for sure! Government sticks their nose into ANYTHING and you can expect a catastrophe! Old saying goes if the government took over the Sahara Desert, there would be a sand shortage in very little time! :esad:

Second Star

Member III
Had terrible time too with my new 2.5 HP Yamaha outboard until I switched to "high test" gas. According to the label on the pump, it has no ethanol. A bit more expensive per gallon but I use less than 2 gallons per year so in price vs problems, high price wins.

Doug Bowers

E15

As an avid motorcyclist as well as Ericson owner my concerns with E15 are many. New motorcycle warranties are void if E15 is used. Not sure about marine stuff. I do know it forms gum in the fuel system, degrades O rings and gaskets, Oh, by the way...degrades fiberglass. Ask me how I know $$$.
Write your congressional delegation, hand written letters to these clowns carries weight. At the least send an Email. They're "vote sensitive" so the more people that contact them the more likely they are to act.