• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New owner of 1985 E32 in Annapolis

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
Just an introductory post.

Just bought a 1985 E32 cleaner/fixer upper named Rag Time. Got a surprisingly complete set of receipts and records which indicate she's stayed in the immediate area. She's shoal draft (5 ft) covered on the hard in Annapolis and I'm looking forward to starting work on her as the snow and mud recede to make her accessible. The worst items needed are the rub rails on each side need to be replaced after rubbing wood pilings, and some leaky port lights.

Grew up on Atwood Lake in Ohio, occasionally work at sea and occasionally rent smaller sailboats for fun. Bought, sold, reno'd, and flipped all sorts of houses, vehicles, and airplanes. This one's my biggest boat and I enjoy learning new ways to do things so will be doing the ASA classes this Spring to hopefully see what bad habits need to be changed. Looking forward to retiring this year (engineering accident investigator) so the idea is to spend time making her right to start a "walkabout" next Fall.

I do nearly all my own work and there's a wealth of info with a good sounding community here, so have been learning and was happy to donate already. Thank you for all the sharing!

Bob / Tin Kicker

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
Was just at a local marine store today. They had a large display of sample rub-rails available from Taco Marine. You can see them all online, of course, but it helps to see them for real in the store to match size and shape. Might want to see if a local store carries the Taco Marine samples......