• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ahoy from Texas

Heather

I thought I'd introduce myself here. I'm Heather Williams, although most people at the marina call me Captain Snakewake. I wasn't born on a sailboat, but I got here as quick as I could. I'm 46, single, a newbie sailor, and trying hard to catch up. I bought Second Star to the Right (Ericson 38) August 2017, 2 weeks before Harvey hit. She sailed through Harvey beautifully, thanks to the floating docks and hurricane wall (built post-Ike). I made the leap to liveaboard June 2018. Currently taking ASA classes and sailing Galveston Bay every chance I get. I haven't solo-sailed yet, but hope to be ready for my 1st solo voyage in May (Kemah - Port Arthur). I'm a little overwhelmed and a lot in love with sailing. I've been told I'm a bare-boater and will most likely be installing some things this year. My plan is to learn all I can for the next 2-3 years here in Kemah, retire early, and cast off indefinitely for the Caribbean. After cruising the Caribbean for a few years, I hope to be ready for my first transatlantic crossing. I have so many questions and I'm the only Ericson owner I know. I'm hoping to make a few good friends who also own Ericsons and can help me learn more about the care and feeding of my tiny home.

Cheers Mate!
Heather

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
Welcome! I'm also a newbie sailor as well as a newbie Ericson owner, so I'm sure we'll be asking similar questions - there's an excellent group of users on these forums and you're sure to find participation here invaluable.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Welcome to the site!
You can't go wrong with a reference to both Peter Pan and to Star Trek!
:)

Heather

Thank you Geoff

I’m very happy to be here. Thank you for the warm welcome. Still trying to navigate this site too, lol. I almost reported my own post. Looking forward to learning lots and sharing triumphs and failures both.

Heather

Thank you Loren!

I get teased about her name a lot but I chose it because I love it.

Last edited:

gadangit

Member III
Hello Captain Snakewake!
There are a few Ericson's around the bay. We are over at Watergate Marina. The Icicle Races are going on this month on Saturdays if you are interested in sailing on another Ericson. PM if interested.
Chris

frick

Member III
A Sailor's Welcome

Nice to have another Ericson Sailor on board. Nice Boat and a GREAT name.
The key is to sail as often as you can. Take up the invitation to race on someone's boat.
You will learn many Go Fast tricks of sailing well.

welcome
Rick
Ericson 29
Sailing the Great south Bay of long Island

donny

I thought I'd introduce myself here. I'm Heather Williams, although most people at the marina call me Captain Snakewake. I wasn't born on a sailboat, but I got here as quick as I could. I'm 46, single, a newbie sailor, and trying hard to catch up. I bought Second Star to the Right (Ericson 38) August 2017, 2 weeks before Harvey hit. She sailed through Harvey beautifully, thanks to the floating docks and hurricane wall (built post-Ike). I made the leap to liveaboard June 2018. Currently taking ASA classes and sailing Galveston Bay every chance I get. I haven't solo-sailed yet, but hope to be ready for my 1st solo voyage in May (Kemah - Port Arthur). I'm a little overwhelmed and a lot in love with sailing. I've been told I'm a bare-boater and will most likely be installing some things this year. My plan is to learn all I can for the next 2-3 years here in Kemah, retire early, and cast off indefinitely for the Caribbean. After cruising the Caribbean for a few years, I hope to be ready for my first transatlantic crossing. I have so many questions and I'm the only Ericson owner I know. I'm hoping to make a few good friends who also own Ericsons and can help me learn more about the care and feeding of my tiny home.

Cheers Mate!
Heather
Hi ya Heather,
My former co-worker and I just bought a fixer upper E25 and it is in Seabrook Marina. just needs an engine (o/b) and a few tweaks and we are off.
He has several ASA certs under his belt, I sailed a lot in the late 70's and early 80's before the ASA existed, just got my MMC and still attending SJ Maritime college. Post us if you are ever looking for day crew. We have a really big to do list for the long haul and a short list (hjust $$$) to get us out of the dock.
cheers
Donny