• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

2019 PNW Anacortes – Participant Sign Up

wurzner

Member III
Please complete:

Boat Name
Size
Draft
Beam
Owner Name
email
Arrival/Departure Date

thanks!
Shaun

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Makana
32' OAL
6' draft
10'-10" beam
Bruce Gary
bruce@bgary.com
Arrive Friday 12-July, depart Monday 15-July

Thank you, Shaun!

(I'm assuming this is for Cap Sante Marina?)

Bruce

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Fresh Air Olson 34

34' LOA
6' draft
10' 10" beam
Loren Beach
sailaway10 AT comcast DOT net

Arrive Friday 12-July, depart Monday 15-July
(also presuming that this is for Cap Sante Marina)

Thanks again Shaun!

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
Boat Name - Delightful
Size - 32'
Draft - 6'
Beam - 11'
Owner Name - Geoff Winslow
email - geoff DOT winslow AT gmail
Arrival/Departure Date 7/12 - 7/14

Saullincer

Member I
This will be my first trip on this boat, Ericson 30+, from Portland Oregon. I am very excited and look forward to meeting fellow sailors.

Boat Name Saulty
Size 30ft
Draft 5' 10"
Beam 10' 6"
Owner Name Saul Lincer
email Slincer@sbcglobal.net
Arrival/Departure Date 7/12-7/15

thanks!
Shaun[/QUOTE]

KTROBI_VALHALLA

Member II
Valhalla
length: 38
draft: 6'6"
beam: 12'
Kevin Robinson
ktrobi@comcast.net
Arrive: Friday 12-July, depart: Monday 15-July

Looking forward to seeing everybody, Thanks Shaun for nudging this along!

Last edited:

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Our daughter just informed us that she and her fiancé will be getting married on July 13th. While we are very pleased for them, it unfortunately means that we will again miss the rendezvous this year. We have thoroughly enjoyed the three times we have attended in previous years, and will certainly attend again in the future, when our kids and grandkids plans don't interfere. :)

We will be thinking of you all on that weekend, and hope you have a great time together in Anacortes!

Frank

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
...we will again miss the rendezvous this year.

Sorry to hear that.

And can't help noticing that every rendezvous I've attended, you've missed. I'm trying very hard not to take that personally :egrin:

(best wishes to your daughter!)

Bruce

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Don't give up so easily.........

Our daughter just informed us that she and her fiancé will be getting married on July 13th. While we are very pleased for them, it unfortunately means that we will again miss the rendezvous this year. We have thoroughly enjoyed the three times we have attended in previous years, and will certainly attend again in the future, when our kids and grandkids plans don't interfere. :)

We will be thinking of you all on that weekend, and hope you have a great time together in Anacortes!

Frank

A quick web search shows 20 churches in Anacortes - there should be a minister available...
Lots of Ericson owners will be there to throw a party for the newlyweds.
Combine the wedding with a rendezvous!
:egrin:

ps: if you google "viking wedding" there are a ton of 'dress up' events -- some romantic and some very (overly?) much in the spirit and costume of the era. :)

Last edited:

Frank Langer

Yeah, I'm really sorry that I won't be able to attend, as I have met many great people here, either at a previous rendezvous or through private emails or just posts on this site. It's always nice to put a face to a name as well. And this is such a great site, where I have learned alot over the years to help me maintain our boat, so I will certainly stay involved.

With four adult children, their partners and six grandchildren, all living in different cities, provinces and even a son living in Thailand, our lives are busy. And our family usually takes precedence over other plans, which in the long term fosters a closeness among us all that we really treasure.

But I will make every effort to attend in future years when we can, and hope to see you all then.

Frank

Geoff W.

Blogs Author
Congrats to you and your family, Frank! Hope to cruise up to Nanaimo sometime in the future - I'll make sure to say hey if so :) And if you end up in Seattle for any reason, lemme know!

Frank Langer

Thanks, Geoff! For sure contact me if you come to Nanaimo. The Gulf Islands just south of us are quite beautiful, with some lovely marinas and anchorages, and Nanaimo itself is sort of quaint with nice restaurants.
Frank

Kevin A Wright

Member III
Unfortunately we will probably not make it this year. That is the weekend of the Annual Ladies Cruise and the Admiral has strongly suggested that they would like to go to Sidney BC this year. As I don't get my copy of the annual update of the current tables until my birthday next month, I'm not sure I can make it for a stop at Anacortes on the return leg, but it is doubtful. Hopefully next year the destinations will coincide better.

Kevin Wright
E35 Hydro Therapy

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Registration Question

It is normal for people to opt in (and unfortunately sometimes to have to opt out) this early in the year on this site.

However, it seems like we will need to "register" with the actual marina in order to really have our desired row of contiguous slips. (?)

Do we each need to call them and take care of this important formality?

Thanks,
Loren

Last edited:

Marlin Prowell

E34 - Bellingham, WA
Boat name: Kai Mana (currently)
Boat size: 34 feet
Beam 11' 3"
Draft: 6'3"
Beam: 11' 3"
Owners’ names: Marlin and Virginia Prowell
mbp@januscom.com
Arrive Friday. Depart Monday

We purchased this boat last summer and are greatly enjoying it. Learned a lot about this Ericson lurking on the forum and looking forward to meeting all of you in July.

I’ll echo Loren’s question: do we need to make individual reservations with Cap Sante marina?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Direct Booking?

I spoke to a nice gal named Amanda Flierl, Marina Customer Service Representative, at the Boat Show on Wednesday.
She was standing near a sign encouraging boaters to book dates for rendezvous gatherings this summer.
She was not sure we are booked, but admitted that she did not have all of this info at the show booth.

Her contact info is the same phone # as the marina, 360-293-0694, and her email is amanda@portofanacortes.com .

Should we individually contact her and book a slip?

Geoff W.

Blogs Author
I will e-mail her and request a slip, and additionally tell her it's for the 2019 Ericson Rendezvous. Best case scenario she sees the pattern and puts us near each other, worst case scenario I have a slip.