• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

2019 PNW Anacortes – Participant Sign Up

sgwright67

Member III
Listing in Pacific Yachting?

I've been reading through old issues of Pacific Yachting and Good Old Boat from the library, and noticed the December 2018 issue of PY lists many rendezvous for Bene, C&C, Catalina, CS, etc. but Ericson is missing. There are photos and writeups from each event, so this might be a good way to get the word out to other vikings who aren't aware of the meetup or this site.

KTROBI_VALHALLA

Member II
I just verified the Ericson Rendezvous Group reservation of a floating dock area at Cap Sante that seats 45+ persons and has BBQ equipment for use. I assume it's under cover but am not sure. Apparently, when Shaun set up the group reservation, he reserved this space for a pot luck as well.....Thank you Shaun. I am still working on a guest speaker, Stay Tuned!

Last edited:

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
...but Ericson is missing.

Quick update: the 2019 Rendezvous will be included in the "rendezvous roundup" feature in the May issue of Northwest Yachting.

I've left messages for both 48-north and Pacific Yachting, neither has responded as yet. I'll keep on it.

As an aside.... it occurs to me that we (the EYO forums) are a relatively well-kept secret within the broader Ericson community. That became clear to me last year on my way up to the Genoa Bay event - I stopped in Sidney BC overnight to clear customs (and shop a little), my assigned slip was across the dock from two Ericsons... and neither one of them knew about the Rendezvous.

Both ended up visiting for the day on Saturday before going on with their cruising plans, and one is now a lurker on the forums, so that's good... but I think there are a lot still out there. within a 100-yard radius of my slip in my home marina - there's a 32-2 across the dock from me, and a 35-III on the next dock over, neither one of them knew about the forums until we chatted. There's also a 30+ on C-dock and a couple of 27s on D-dock, but I've never seen people on them.

So... yeah, I guess what I'm saying is, we all should be trying to get the word out about this great little community we have. There appear to be many who have yet to discover it.

Bruce

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
I think we should pass the hat and buy Christian a plane ticket. It would be awesome to have him come up!

I'd toss in a nickel. You'd think with all the 2c people throw in, we'd be able to afford it already!

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
We're in NW Yachting!

May issue hit the newstands this week, and we're in the "Rendezvous Roundup" feature

IMG_1709s.jpg

Still no response to (multiple) messages to 48-north and Pacific Yachting. I'll keep trying, in the hope that we can make their June issues.

Bruce

TKBLACK

Member II
Cap Sante 2019

change of plans=
Achates
length: 34’
Beam: 11’ 3”
draft: 6’ 6”
Arrive: Friday July 12, depart Monday July 15

Tom and Karin Black :egrin::egrin:
email: kablack@silverlink.net
1993 Pacific Seacraft Ericson Hull #11

Ericson owner to participate in rendezvous without her Ericson?

Hi there,
I have owned my "Siren" a 1984 26' Ericson since 2012, but this is the first I've participated in this forum. Hello! Im so glad to finally be interacting with you all.

The short story is that I just saw the rendezvous event this July, and thus Im not prepared to sail from Vashon Island to Anacortes.... unless there is some very sea worthy folks who want to accompany me. I know how to operate my boat, but not when and why... I.e. Im not a "captain " yet.

My question is: May I drive up and meet you all???

As for my boat.... Im going to post my problem solving questions in the appropriate thread. I've got some work to do to restore her to the glory of a few years ago. But glorious she will be!

Truly,
Hallie

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Welcome!

And....absolutely, come! Especially for the "pot luck" on Saturday... that's really the gathering of the clan. Lots to do, besides.... check out other people's boats, tell stories...

Hope to see you there.
Bruce

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Except for one visit to Maple Bay with our boat a few years ago, we have always attended by land. It is nice to visit other Ericson's and talk to all the people.
Matter of fact, we may be attending by vehicle this July also. Boat Projects are not getting done in time to take her up the coast 7-1.

Hope to see you there,
Loren

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
My coworkers and I agreed we were not going to succeed in our bicycling plans, so I will be making the rendezvous after all!

supersailor

Contributing Partner
All you recent signups be sure to call Cape Sante Marina 360 293 0674 to reserve a slip for the event. Tell them you are part of the Ericson group.

Except for one visit to Maple Bay with our boat a few years ago, we have always attended by land. It is nice to visit other Ericson's and talk to all the people.
Matter of fact, we may be attending by vehicle this July also. Boat Projects are not getting done in time to take her up the coast 7-1.

Hope to see you there,
Loren

Loren,
Do you guys Air BNB? Or camp? If so... is there a usual spot where rendezvous folks hang?
Hallie

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
"progressive cruise"?

I'm dropping the lines on July 3rd, and cruising for a bit before capping my vacation at the Rendezvous

If anyone wants to link up along the way, I'm currently planning to be
-- in Fisherman's Bay July 4-5
-- TBD July 9 (maybe Reid, maybe Deer Harbor)
-- in Rosario July 7-8
-- TBD, probably Echo Bay (Sucia) July 9-10-11
-- Arriving Anacortes Friday, July 12

Bruce

Saullincer

Member I
can't make it!

Unfortunately I can not make the rendezvous this year. I was a little too ambitious and the boat is not ready. I will try again next year. I hope you all have a wonderful time.

Saul Lincer
Saulty
Ericson 30+