• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

2019 PNW Anacortes – Participant Sign Up

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Boat is ready
Gear is ready
Food is ready to load
I'm ready

Why, WHY did I agree to work Monday and Tuesday????

I want to goooooooooo....

supersailor

Contributing Partner
It is with regret that I have to cancel my reservation for the Rendezvous. My Boat, "Dock Queen" uh, I mean "Terra Nova" has not left her slip in 21 months. She's fine except for a new AIS B system that's 2/3 installed and can be left unfinished. The problem is that the skipper is broken. Lots of patching up has been done but it's not yet time to travel.

I had hoped that this would the best first cruise I have ever had but it's not to be. :esad:

If you see "Terra Nova" out cruising later this year, please wave.

Kevin A Wright

Member III
I won't be there either, being the weekend of the Admirals Ladies Cruise and we are going to Sidney this year. Will probably anchor out somewhere around the south end of Lopez Sunday night and make for Port Townsend on Monday in case anyone is heading home that way.

Sorry to hear you are broken Bob. Hope you get fixed up quickly. I keep trying to shop on Amazon for spare parts myself but they don't seem to have what I need.

Kevin Wright
E35 Hydro Therapy

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Very sorry to hear that, Bob.

on a related note, I’m heading from PT to Fisherman tomorrow for the fireworks. Could easily swing by Port Angeles and pick up you and Mrs. Super on the way... not sure how you’d get back, though, might just have to keep you as indentured swabbies until the Rendezvous?

:)

supersailor

Contributing Partner
It has been awhile since I tried "swabby". I think the arms might work well enough for that. We have a big event at the club today with free food, a parade and all that. We will attend. You don't really want an indentured me. Too bossy without the proper indentured attitude and a mop handle.

wurzner

Member III
Boat Tally For The Rendez Vous

Hello Vikings!

I have been a little in the background, but following this routinely. We are now a few days out and hopefully a few folks who were "on the fence" will step up. I am not too concerned about the folks dropping out due to a "SPECTACULAR" forecast...we will certainly be blessed with great weather based on what they are predicting. We are rounding out the event with 14 boats listed so far, but pass this along to any other dock mates if you have any. Per some of the other posts, there was a degree of uncertainty on if I would own a boat or would I be attending my land as well. I will be heading up Friday morning on Sorcerer and based on the Swinnomish channel, should be there by around 4PM.

As for events; I would propose we do a potluck breakfast Saturday Morning. Anacortes is a great little town with an assortment of dining establishments well withing walking distance, so we can reserve an afternoon social. Folks may want to venture into town so we can figure that out over the next few days. Breakfasts are always a good start to the day and easier if the food duties are shared.

Please review the list below and let me know if there are any errors. I will touch base with Amanda to the marina tomorrow to firm things up.

Thanks and see you this weekend.
Shaun (no to be confused with Sean Engle)
Sorcerer
Ericson 38
Everett, WA

Achates
Dawntreader
Delightful
Gloria Jeanne
halliealdrich
Kai Mana
Makana
Saulty
Second Star
Sorcerer
Touchrain
Triocha
VALHALLA
Wild Fire

Saullincer

Member I
can't make it!

Sorry to say I will not be able to attend. I thought the boat would be ready by now, not there yet. I hope you all have a wonderful time. I see my boat name "Saulty" on the list still. I hope to make it next year.

Saul Lincer
"Saulty

Scott B.

Mola Mola may be a last minute addition to the rendezvous. I just talked with the marina representative, and she said she would try to fit us in with the rest of the Ericson group. She's going to call back later to let me know. I"ll update the group when I get the information.

Scott, Cynthia, and Colin
Mola Mola, E-25+

rudy

Member II
Sorry to say we can't make itl.

Sorry to say we can't make it. Intentions were great but unforeseen events have us at a standstill. Wishing you all a great rendezvous.

Captain & First Mate of Dawntreader

Touchrain

Member III
Touch Rain has to cancel

Sorry to say Touch Rain will not be making it this year. We’ve had to cancel. Have a wonderful time!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Door Prizes

There will be door prizes this year.
Kathy is in charge of that part, as usual.

Scott B.

Things are starting to fall into place. Mola Mola has been assigned slip C-26. Now to get the boat and everything else ready to leave at first light tomorrow morning...yikes! I hope I can get it all done before then.

-- Scott

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Showing Up is the main thing

Hi Scott,
Remember that "perfection is the enemy of the good".... just Be there!
:)

TKBLACK

Member II
2019 PNW Anacortes

F
It is with regret that I have to cancel my reservation for the Rendezvous. My Boat, "Dock Queen" uh, I mean "Terra Nova" has not left her slip in 21 months. She's fine except for a new AIS B system that's 2/3 installed and can be left unfinished. The problem is that the skipper is broken. Lots of patching up has been done but it's not yet time to travel.

I had hoped that this would the best first cruise I have ever had but it's not to be. :esad:

If you see "Terra Nova" out cruising later this year, please wave.
To Bob,
Sad to learn you must cancel. Get better soon. From Tom /Karin

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
If anyone wants to reach me this weekend, mobile # = five-0-three-eight-8-0-eight-five-one-quatro.
On the docks, on a boat, or near by......

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Actual winds

So -- we were all sitting around the big breakfast table in Dad's Diner in Annecortes this am and, of course, talking about wind and sailing.
Lots of favorite web sites and app's mentioned.
Some had not heard of this real-time (!) reporting service from the Ferry captains wandering around Puget Sound.
I find it interesting to compare and contrast it to the the various published predictions. Sometimes a real-time snapshot from a specific location helps a lot.

http://i90.atmos.washington.edu/ferry/Ferryjs/mainframe1.htm

Cheers from the Rendezvous Ericson's,

Loren

Great to meet you all and I lost my phone!

Hello new friends!
It was so great to meet everyone, see some beautiful boats, and share puppy and kitty love. I hope to see some of the pictures from our great night!

I lost my iPhone (clear plastic cover, sparkly butterflies on the back). I am pretty sure I left it at the Cabana before our party started yesterday eve, but Anthony's/Cabana cannot locate it... so Im wondering if any of you discovered a rogue phone on your boat?

Aside from that all is well on Vashon, Im taking my boat out tomorrow!
Cheers from mid-sound,
Hallie

PS In case you find my phone, my email is hallie@movement-intelligence.com