• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

2019 PNW Anacortes – Participant Sign Up

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
Heard back, Sounds like perhaps we DO go through the central organizer for slip rental.

Thank you for emailing in your reservation for the upcoming Ericson rendezvous. I have gone ahead and assigned you to C-14 which will be a bow in port side tie or a stern in starboard. With rendezvous all slips are blocked out together to ensure the club is next to one another. Please make sure to let your group coordinator know that you have made a reservation, typically all rendezvous reservations are made directly with the group coordinator and then they provide me with the information of what slips they have assigned. If you could please provide me with your phone number and mailing address that would be fantastic. I will email over a confirmation shortly. Please let me know if you have any further questions. I look forward to having the Ericson rendezvous at Cap Sante Marina in July.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Slip Reserved

I also just got a reply and confirmation of a reservation for our boat.
It also noted that the reservation fee was waived. :)

We are in slip C-16.

( This has certainly been a different experience than dealing with another marina that shall not be named! )

:egrin:

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
I must sadly admit that I goofed up my summer calendar and already committed to bicycling in STP that weekend. I will let the marina know. Sorry to be unable to join y'all for this.

TKBLACK

Member II
Rendezvous

We can not participate this year. Tom and Karin Black on Achates. Do want everyone to join us in the Blake Island race on June 8th. Starts and ends at the Mannette Gazebo with Post race party at the Bremerton Yact Club on Phinney Bay. Contact John Sprouse 360 471 4540 : jsprouse01@gmai.com
We have enjoyed every Rendezvous. You all have fun

QUOTE=wurzner;118886]Please complete:

Boat Name
Size
Draft
Beam
Owner Name
email
Arrival/Departure Date

thanks!
Shaun[/QUOTE]

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Splitting the race to a different thread to (hopefully) build some excitement...

Bruce

Swanie

Blogs Author
RendezvousI

We bought our 1975 Ericson 32 in May 2015 as a derelict. We spent the next 2 1/2 years and 1500 hrs rebuilding her to better than new condition. During the rebuild we repowered to electric drive. We launch too late for the 2017 rendezvous and had a prior engagement in 2018. But we are coming this year! I will likely take 2 days to travel from Tacoma to Anacortes and we will leave Sunday to take 2 days back. I sent a reservation request to the marina so hopefully there is still room.

Boat name: Triocha
Length- 32
Beam- 9.5
Draft- 6.5
Owner- Steve and Carrie Swanlund
July 12- 14

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Press Release?

Has anyone put out a notice to 48 North and other magazines?
It can be short and simple...
Place, Dates, and promise of meeting other owners and doing boat visits. I presume that any sort of pot luck will be coordinated by local owners.

This should be done right away due to lead times for publications.

Thanks,
Loren

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
This should be done right away due to lead times for publications.

Great idea!

I can call 48-north and Northwest Yachting this week and get that started. Let me know if there are others I should call.

For contact info... to whom should we direct interested parties? Is there an official "coordinator" for this year's gala?

(i'd be happy to provide an email address, but I'm traveling so much right now it's hard to get a hold of me...)

Bruce

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Spreading the Word

Great idea!

I can call 48-north and Northwest Yachting this week and get that started. Let me know if there are others I should call.

For contact info... to whom should we direct interested parties? Is there an official "coordinator" for this year's gala?

(i'd be happy to provide an email address, but I'm traveling so much right now it's hard to get a hold of me...)

Bruce

If Shaun does not wish to field inquiries (and there are seldom very many) just use my other email address.
Sailingericson@Gmail.com

There are not that many publications to contact that have a calendar. Probably NW Yachting, Pacific Yachting, and of course 48 North.

If you know of (or can easily find) contact emails for yacht clubs in your area it would be nice to let them know.
(IMHO, the sailors that are active in yacht clubs are: 1) al little more prone to leaving the dock, but also, 2) have oodles of club activities that involved their families quite often all summer.)

This is a situation where any help you give will be appreciated. There is no minimum or maximum.
:)
I routinely email the local EY and Olson owners that I know with a link to this thread, and sometimes one may stop in while "up North" cruising, like we did a few years ago.

Cheers,
Loren

Last edited:

KTROBI_VALHALLA

Member II
Hey Bruce and Loren,
I can help with any coordination efforts if needed. With Shauns boat being up for sale, I don't know how committed he is with this year's rendezvous. He certainly has been the ring leader in the past. I was also thinking about possibly getting a guest speaker from one of the local marine purveyors of Anacortes. I am a happy customer of Northwest Rigging and know the owner Andy Schwenk does speaking engagements as does Mike Beemer from Skagit Valley Cruisers College. Both have done seminars at Seattle's Boat Show. We will have to check to see if the Port has a room we could possibly use. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
I can help with any coordination efforts if needed.

Awesome! Let's divide and conquer.... I'll be happy to call the rags and get some PR going. I may set up an email address to capture any responses, since I'm more-or-less local. I'll also figure out how we can give prospective interested parties a link to these forums.

Would love to have a guest speaker. If Andy or Mike are not available, I know Bob Perry and he's a fun speaker (and a longtime friend of Bruce King). I could reach out to him to see if he'd be willing to do something. He's relatively local (lives in Tulare Beach, I know he's at Betts yard in Anacortes all the time).

Do we have (or need) to line up things for potluck or barbecue or ...?

Bruce

KTROBI_VALHALLA

Member II
I will reach out to the Port to see if they have facilities available for a pot luck. There is a park with building within walking distance of the marina but it's already booked during rendezvous weekend. I will also make some inquiries with regards to speakers.

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
I've talked with NW Yachting, we'll be in the "rendezvous roundup" column in the May issue. I've asked them to let me know what a small ad would cost in case we want to have something in the June issue as well.

I also set up a separate email address to keep track of any inquiries: ericson@starboardtack.org Loren, Kevin, I'd be happy to share the password (in PM) if you'd like access to the mailbox too.

Waiting for call-backs from 48 North and Pacific Yachting.

Bruce