• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Sad little 1974 Ericson 27 up for auction - Gig Harbor WA

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
FYI. Saw this in a Tweet from GH Police Dept. It will take you to a FB page and you'll have to scroll down a bit. This boat has been around the harbor all year at least. Sometimes it was occupied by a couple guys. I do not know how bad the boat is inside, but outside it is in bad shape. January 11th is the deadline, details about the auction and the boat are in the FB Post. It is located at the Jerisich Dock (aka “City Dock”) in GH.

https://t.co/jlEdeDKdyB

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
I don't recommend this boat to anyone, but for the intrepid or the merely curious, here is some more info and pictures of the condition.

The highlights - trying to separate the mess from the condition:
1. Left side rubrail is almost completely gone and the hull-deck joint is exposed.
2. Needs a new forward hatch.
3. Probably silicone sealer used for deck repairs and stanchion bedding
4. She looks to be floating on her lines, but probably no bilge pump operable.
5. You can't keep the boat in the harbor longer than 5 days after purchase and can't bring it back for a year. (It's in the fine print)
6. I looks like there is an external AC receptacle on the left side of the cockpit coaming
7. Companionway hatch boards are in bad shape. So is companionway hatch - it will need rebuild/replacement
8. Left primary winch drum is not on the winch base.
9. There is a diesel fill port on the left cockpit coaming! Surprise! I think there is a fuel tank vent further aft. I also see a set of engine controls on the left wall of the cockpit, near the floor. Separate throttle and shift levers I think. Vents in the aft cockpit.
10. Damage to aft left corner of the deck. Exposed foam core?
11. Transom core is exposed - plywood. Probably an after-market mod to add outboard cutout
12. There is a Novara bicycle in the cabin. (12-speed?) Also a settee on the right side. I didn't see any standing water.

20190101_145928-small.jpg 20190101_145918-small.jpg 20190101_150030-small.jpg 20190101_150059-small.jpg 20190101_150219-small.jpg