• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Favorite sailing video blogs

nquigley

Sustaining Member
I couldn't find this topic elsewhere in the forums, so I decided to start it here.
I thought this could be a place share links to video blogs about sailing adventures, boat repair projects, etc, that we think others on the Ericson forums might appreciate.
My prompt for this post was that the cold weather and short daylight (tomorrow is the hibernal solstice, so it gets better from here) are keeping me indoors more, which is making me get my sailing fix on-line.

I've followed a few YouTube video blogs for a while - mostly solo sailors and couples cruising their boat on a shoestring in the Caribbean and elsewhere (sailinguma, sailingnandji, adventuresofanoldseadog, untiethelines, etc), but a couple days ago I discovered a vblog that I thought everyone who frequents our Maintenance sub-forum might appreciate.
It's in the theme of, 'I guess my project isn't really that bad, considering...'

I can hardly turn away (I'm up to Episode 13)...
SV Tally Ho Youtube vbog - EP 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FhTu3aGM60

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
Why, Christian Williams of course.

Otherwise, Patrick Laine is another great solo sailor whose videos are about the actual experience of sailing instead of generating clicks via T&A thumbnails. Of course I don't have anything in particular against T&A, but the Youtube sailing blog scene seems to be a little same-same in that direction.

Patrick: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEZSvXwSH6flqA0q_EEDDBQ

woolamaloo

Member III
Tally-Ho

I watch several different YouTube sailing channels as my wife dozes off at night. The one she always stays awake for is Leo Goolden at Sampson Boat Works as he rebuilds Tally-Ho. She's so taken with his project that on a recent trip to the Pacific Northwest, we stopped and had a brief visit with him in Sequim, WA.
kathleen-and-leo.jpgleo-goolden.jpgtally-ho.jpg

nquigley

Sustaining Member
I watch several different YouTube sailing channels as my wife dozes off at night. The one she always stays awake for is Leo Goolden at Sampson Boat Works as he rebuilds Tally-Ho. She's so taken with his project that on a recent trip to the Pacific Northwest, we stopped and had a brief visit with him in Sequim, WA.
View attachment 25793View attachment 25794View attachment 25795
Cool experience for you both.
I binge-watched a bit last night - I'm up to EP 30 now. Spoiler alert - this series gets better and better with each episode.
I actually like that there's minimal 'production' flair in his videos, unlike many of the other sailing vbloggers that are literally making a living from their Panteon donations - which requires very high-quality videos (and they are impressive videography efforts! - see 'Sailing Uma' as an example)

This guy will certainly have his own yard in the UK soonish - presumably if/when he sails Tally Ho 'home'.