• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Books as Holiday Gifts (Video)

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Quite a review of books about sailing, Christian. In fact I'm going to be purchasing, for myself, Calder's book since I need all the help I can get. "Once Is Enough" also sounded interesting along with the leather bound Moby Dick even though I've read it before, of course, and seen the different movie versions countless times. I think that the one with Richard Basehart is the best.

But I am a bit envious. Not because of your collection of books or that you're a sailing author yourself but rather that you seem to be sitting comfortably on your E38 on the west coast while my E32 is shivering away in Annapolis, stripped of it's sails and brimming with anti-freeze. Oh well, my time will come in the spring. My best wishes to you and your family for a happy season and a great New Year. It has been my pleasure to "meet and know you" even though its just been through this site, on You Tube and your books. It's made this lifestyle that I call sailing all the better.

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
I had not been aware of the Aubrey and Maturin "companions". Thank you!

billie williams

Member II
Ordering Books

Thanks, Christian! That was a cool video and now my Amazon Cart is now rather full. I had read several of the books - but so long ago that it hardly matters. Moby Dick is the best - my old edition is falling apart because I've read it so often.

Happy Holidays - I hope there are books headed your way as well.