• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

2019 Rendez Vous Loction-Poll

Where Should It Be Held

• Everett

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Langley, WA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Pick a Date

How about July 12 - 14. This avoids the July 4th period and the crowds.
Loren

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
We have thoroughly enjoyed the several rendezvous we have attended in recent years. With four adult children and six grandchildren, an upcoming wedding for our daughter, our life is a bit unpredictable. But we are really hoping to attend the 2019 rendezvous to reconnect with many of the folks I know from this excellent site.
Coming from Vancouver Island, it would be great if the chosen site were a daysail from Victoria with enough moorage for about 20 boats close together, a cozy marina but with a spot where we could all gather for a potluck dinner.
We've enjoyed our stays at Deer Harbour and Rosario, less so at the posh Roche Harbour or busy Friday harbour.
Whatever you decide, we'll try to attend if it doesn't conflict with daughters wedding or wife's surgery.
Keep us posted!
Frank

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Thanks, Loren -

I had voted for Port Townsend but... would withdraw that at this point if the poll allowed.

My current thinking:

-- Deer Harbor has a "getaway" feel. I've never been there, but it looks serene and big enough to accommodate a bunch of us

-- Rosario has a great "getaway" feel, too, but smaller (group-size may be an issue)

-- Anacortes/Cap Sante has lots of room and lists amenities for rendezvous groups. it is "in town", which is kinda a plus and a minus (lots of stuff to do, but may also feel like, well, being in town.) Great location at the "gateway to the San Juans" though.

-- Anacortes/Skyline... meh. Never been there, not sure what amenities there are but other than location I don't see a lot of charm?

-- Roche, Friday - I agree, likely to be busy and crowded. My personal preference would be smaller and quieter.

Beyond that? Don't know. I would not be opposed to other options. Port Angeles or Sequim? Bellingham?

Open to ideas. At this point, my preference would be biased toward a place that has a "I'm away from the rat race for a while" feel.

I can call Deer Harbor next week if there's enough interest?

Bruce

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
Deer Harbor sounds cool. I don't think I could personally swing the 12-14 with work (taking the two prior weeks off) but maybe I could make it with a long Friday.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Deer Harbor sounds cool. I don't think I could personally swing the 12-14 with work (taking the two prior weeks off) but maybe I could make it with a long Friday.

In past years boats have shown up on Friday *and* others on Saturday. About the only main night to be there is Saturday night. Some of us leave on Sunday during the day and some stay until Monday am.

So everyone does have different time constraints.

We plan for back-n-forth boat visits informally on Friday and more on Saturday am. There is often a program on Saturday afternoon, followed by a pot luck in the evening. Introductions are made and stories are told... some stories are even true.
:)

Remember that the Important Thing is that you are there.... not the number of days present...

Last edited: