• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Forward jib track for ericson 27...where should it go?

aaron

Hello, I am installing a forward jib track on my ericson 27, to help with pointing. My sail maker said to.put it a few inches inside the stay, but I am not sure how far forward /aft I should put it... any advice?

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The E27 team can tell you where they have their track, but they'll need to know the size of your jib.

Last edited:

supersailor

Contributing Partner
The E-27 team will also need the dimensions of the sail. The height and depth of the clew is critical to positioning the track.

tpcorrigan

Member II
The E-27 team will also need the dimensions of the sail. The height and depth of the clew is critical to positioning the track.

Both Christian and Supersailor are right You will need more specific sail info for your circumstance. We very seldom use our track because of the Rolling Genoa and, I'll admit, I have gotten lazy in my old age.

It begins about 6 inches aft of the forward stanchion and ends about the forward tip of the middle port light. Ours is on the top of the toe rail but frankly if I were to redo I place inside the stays. Hope this helps, TPCorrigan

P.S. I tried but I could not upload a picture or I would have sent one. computers and website are not my strong point :esad:

aaron

good point.
It is a 95% crosscut for a standard rig, don't know the exact dimensions, but I will get them. THanks for you replies!