• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 32-3 cradle question

oldfauser

Member III
Doing maintenance before the boat gets pulled this Wednesday; replacing the carpet pads, had one pad bracket break! (getting that fixed). Question: the part of the cradle where the keel sits is basically two inch square steel tube, currently with some thin wood veneer on it - is this good or shout I think about some 1/4 plywood or 1/8 inch rubber? Also, the front of the box around the front of the keel has nothing - caused a dent in the lead when it was put on the cradle last year (the yard did fix it as it was their problem) - should I put something there?

help!

JSM

Member III
I would probably leave well enough alone. Putting a thicker piece of wood under the keel will change the relationship of the hull to the cradle pads resulting in the pads having to be readjusted. If the boat has been sitting nicely on the cradle all of its life leave it alone. (been doing this dance with my yard the last two years).
Sounds like the dent in your keel was from the yard setting the boat a bit too far forward in the cradle.