• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Sailrite machine!!!

907Juice

Continuously learning
I think my wife felt bad “forcing” me to buy a bigger boat. With the purchase of the new boat, I was also surprised with a new sailrite machine. I’d love to hear about the updates everyone has done. Schematics and designs are MORE than appreciated! On my list is a new sailbag, wheel cover, winch covers, heavy duty winter tarp, etc.

I’m new to sewing but having a lot of fun making new stuff for the boat. Alaska has a long winter and I have LOTS of new projects.

Juice

Slick470

Member III
We're in the process of making a new mainsail cover. As well as re lining the v-berth. The Sailrite website has a huge amount of information, project plans, and videos to help with the process. There are also quite a few project plans in the Don Casey Complete illustrated sailboat maintenance manual or the Canvaswork & Sail Repair books.

mfield

Member III
Fun and simple with hefty needle power is a webbing harness (three pieces of webbing, one steel ring, two loops over the pontoons) for lifting a rubber dingy over the side.

ignacio

Member III
Blogs Author
Many good projects

A sample of projects the last 3 years. Considering making a jib next with one of Sailrite's kits. I started with an old Singer, but using an LSZ-1 now.

Weather cloths, hatch covers, and patio cushions
http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/entry.php?312-Sew-me-the-money

Cockpit Cushions
http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/entry.php?324-Cockpit-Cushions

Interior Upholstery
http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/entry.php?341-Interior-Cushions

Laptop bag for sister - completed just a few days ago from the date of this post.

IMG_0615.jpg

Winch handle holders (aka: beverage bottle/sunscreen/nav device/eye gear/etc... holder)

IMG_1950.jpg

Ditty bag and bag for holding nav gear to take off/on boat (yeah, fancy-looking with the leather, but made with leftover scrap material)

IMG_0526.jpg

Attachments

• 43069886_10157015607753689_6680935226518011904_o.jpg
    43069886_10157015607753689_6680935226518011904_o.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 109
L

Leslie Newman

Wife and I have been sewing our own stuff for our boats since the 80's. I have a Tacsew needle fed walking foot machine I bought new about 25 years ago. And sometimes we borrow a friends Sailrite machine. I like my Tacsew more because it is needle fed and in a large table with large motor, but the sailrite machine does OK. With our new to us Ericson we've sewn a Stack Pack for the main, winch covers and cockpit cushions.
We sewed the stack pack at our marina, all spread out under a pavilion. It's work, but we save a bundle doing it ourselves.

StackPack5.jpg

Test fit.
StackPack2.jpg

Osprey2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Leslie Newman

Cockpit cushions....

Paper template for stern cushion...

SternCushionTemplate.jpg

Stern cushion
SternCushion1.jpg

Side cushions
Cockpit Cushions.jpg

L

Leslie Newman

More stack pack images....

The stack pack is lined with dacron to help with sail chafe.
Here is one side showing the liner and also the main zipper.
StackPack6.jpg

Laying out the sides...

Layout.jpg

End view...

StackPack7.jpg