• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

On to new adventures

907Juice

Continuously learning
Well in the idea of full disclosures, I have sold my boat to another member on this site. He can chime in if he wants. It was a hard decision, but decided to upsize to a Beneteau . Alaska is a small place with limited options. My family was venturing out farther and farther and it was getting hard to entertain 4 people on a 25ft boat. I’ve loved my ericson, but there weren’t any in my price range for a bigger boat.

It all started when we were walking the docks looking for a slip transfer and my wife decided she wanted a boat with a door to the bedroom. And I really couldn’t argue with that. A month later our ericson was sold and we were in contract with a First 305. It is a new adventure for me and I’m excited to move forward to learning new things.

I have have really enjoyed everyone here who has helped me on my journey. This is my next step to the rest of my life. I’ve asked the powers that be if I should leave and they said no. I’ll stick around because a lot of sailing maintenance is just that, maintenance. Next summer I’m sure I’ll have all kinds of, wtf is this moments... till then, I’m just glad to be doing what I love to do!

I figure i have about 10 more years of those moments before I can fulfill my dream. And to that, I tip my hat. Thank you all ericson owners. ☃️⛵️⛵️⛵️

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
I hope your new boat brings you lots of joy! Who knows, maybe in a few years your wife will again ask for some feature that requires you to upgrade, and you might buy a larger Ericson! ☺️
Frank