• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Hurricane Michael

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Well folks, living in paradise has its price.

We haven’t seen a storm like this since Ivan graced us years ago.

Amazing that a Cat 4.9 can have such a small, focused impact and yet leave us untouched.

We are just 50 or so miles west of where the eyewall came ashore and we had no damage. Not even enough wind to blow the furniture in the pool.

Over in PC and Mexico Beach they had unbelievable carnage. Enough wind to topple train cars!

I have sailed many times from Pensacola to that area. The Panama City Municipal Marina was spectacular and located just one block from Old PC’s quant shops, restaurants and bookstores. Now it’s all wiped out.

Mexico Beach is just across from Cape San Blas, another favorite 94 mile offshore destination on the way to historic Apalachicola. I just sailed over there last year.

Thanks to my friends here for checking in on me.

Rick

P.S. I told my good friend Mr. Metger that we were in Virginia with the birth of our new granddaughter. What I didn’t tell him was that I had a dream the night of the storm..it was the scene from the Wizard of Oz where Auntie Em’s house is flying around. You know the scene, where Dorothy is looking out the window and sees the two guys rowing and Margaret Hamilton (wicked witch ) riding the bike looking for Toto? Suddenly, I saw Christian dancing with the bucket on his head reciting Greek mythology and mixing a Myers Rum drink. I think the scrapple in VA may have been tainted.

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Glad to hear you and the boat are OK. Stunned at the devastation and loss of life once again.