• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E29 chainplates

desdemona

I own a 1978 Ericson 29 I would like to know how the chainplates are atached to the hull and also if they should ever be replaced.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
E29 Owners Manual

There's an E29 Owner's Manual out in the documentation section of this site. I would suggest you download it, and go through the manual - it should give you an idea of the construction and requirements.

Thanks,
//sse

Bill Robbins

Member II
Hi and welcome,
Although chainplates can wear out over a long time of use, they tend to last longer than the points of attatchments ie bulkhead, pins, ect...
Anyway, the point is that you do need to inspect the whole system regulary from the top of the mast to the chain plate. If you do not have a manuel to show yourself where the chain plates are consider it a hunt that will bring you closer to your boat. Do not stop serching till you find it. On my 1970 Ericson 35 the upper and mids were located behind wooden covers making them difficult to inspect. Look at related posts under mechanical and maintenance for other peoples experiences.
Good luck