• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Marina

Hello everyone!

My name is Marina, I´m a Spanish sailor who just bought a 38-200 Erikson from 1988. I am trying to flag it in Europe and they are asking me for a CE Certificate, anyone has ever go through this procedure? Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot for your time, and happy to share here my enthusiasm about my new boat, so happy with it!

Warm regards and fair winds to everyone!

Marina

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Are you the new owner of "Naoma"?
Really Nice boat!

There may not be too much knowledge of the CE process in our little group. I did a search via Google and it appears that this started to be a requirement for boats brought into Europe several decades ago, but I find conflicting date information.

Quite a few of us have re-titled boats from Canada to the US and visa versa, but your situation is more unusual. I hope that someone has some advice.

Like other matters pertaining to imports, boarders, titling, and also customs stuff, this may require a professional service to work thru the bureaucratic process.

Marina

thanks!

Are you the new owner of "Naoma"?
Really Nice boat!

There may not be too much knowledge of the CE process in our little group. I did a search via Google and it appears that this started to be a requirement for boats brought into Europe several decades ago, but I find conflicting date information.

Quite a few of us have re-titled boats from Canada to the US and visa versa, but your situation is more unusual. I hope that someone has some advice.

Like other matters pertaining to imports, boarders, titling, and also customs stuff, this may require a professional service to work thru the bureaucratic process.
-------------------------------
Yes Loren! Me and my boyfriend André just bought Naoma in Tahiti, we are very happy living aboard for a week now.
I got some info that in order to get this certificate I have to get documentation from the company which of course is impossible as the company dissolved [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] (Pacific Seacraft Corporation was the builder of the 38-200). [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I think it will be easier to flag it in the States at the end...I was just wandering if someone has done this before, maybe one day we can Flag it in Europe, but is not so important....we belong to the world...and Naoma seems to prefer keep being American ;)

Warm regards and thanks for your quick support.

Marina
[/FONT]

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
One clarification, if I may. Your 1988 boat was constructed by Ericson Yachts. (Later examples were indeed built by Pacific Seacraft, from 1991 to about 1998.)

Good luck and fair winds!

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Naoma is probably a Documented Vessel with the USCG. That might be a starting point for the world bureaucracy. At least it is a history of ownership and nationality.

You could ask Ryan, although the papers should be aboard.

Top of it looks like this: (Naoma's may be more complete--and I notice they have my draft wrong)

WE can give you the manufacturer, year and month of manufacture, and hull number from a code of letters and numbers impressed on the transom.

cg doc cropped.jpg

Last edited:

Marina

Thanks

Naoma is probably a Documented Vessel with the USCG. That might be a starting point for the world bureaucracy. At least it is a history of ownership and nationality.

You could ask Ryan, although the papers should be aboard.

Top of it looks like this: (Naoma's may be more complete--and I notice they have my draft wrong)

WE can give you the manufacturer, year and month of manufacture, and hull number from a code of letters and numbers impressed on the transom.

View attachment 25291

Thanks a lot Christian, I do have this document. Ryan and Nicole had been very helpful and patience providing everything. I will continue with the research for the CE certificate, I guess the more documents about Naoma I have the better, but I need to have the certificate from someone I can reach anymore...so im stuck ;) Thanks anyway, its great seeing everyone knows Naoma!!

Marina

Thanks

One clarification, if I may. Your 1988 boat was constructed by Ericson Yachts. (Later examples were indeed built by Pacific Seacraft, from 1991 to about 1998.)

Good luck and fair winds!
Thanks a lot !! I will reach them, this forum is fast and helpful. Appreciate your time and effort. I let you know news soon

Marina

MCD

Member I
Hi Marina,

were you able to make any progress towards the CE certificate in the end?
I am French and on the verge of buying an Ericson 38 as well, so I'm super interested in the process :egrin:

Thanks,

--
Marie