• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Tides Marine Sailtrack

c.gustafson

Member II
Hello Mates. I have an '87 Ericson 38-200. The main sail is a bit of a work-out to hoist up. There was a reference in a recent thread about the Tides Marine Sailtrack. From what I've read on-line, the product seems to have good reviews and is reasonably priced. What are the views on this forum about the Tides Marine Sailtrack? Will it be a substantial improvement re ease of raising the main? Are there better options to consider? Thanks, in advance, for your input.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Yes, yes, yes! And not expensive (although the sail slugs have to be changed). And you can install it yourself.

Still have to crank the last few feet, since the E38 mainsail is heavy. But it comes down like a falling piano.

First step is to have them send you the slug "sizer" so you can measure existing track. As I recall, that's free.

Last edited:

supersailor

Contributing Partner
Yes, I second Christian. My E-34 Terra Nova has the system. If you just "dump" the main, you have to run for your life as it freefalls to the deck. Life is much easier with it particularly when you are single handing. .

llenrow

Member II
Wow. Looked at video on this. My 38 main is a chore to raise and that looks slick. I showed it to my wife and got an elbow in my side. “No more boat stuff until I get my travel trailer!”

Its on my double secret list

thx for the heads up

RMX

Member I
The decision to install on our 36RH has made a significant improvement. Up and down with ease. The sail had to be trimmed in the leach to avoid an excessive overlap of the backstay. When the slugs are added it adds a couple inches and also stacks pretty high. We needed a new sail cover. Well worth all the changes to sail with just the two of us. It used to take three to raise the main. I do not notice any performance changes while racing.

Rod

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Wow. Looked at video on this. My 38 main is a chore to raise and that looks slick. I showed it to my wife and got an elbow in my side. “No more boat stuff until I get my travel trailer!”

Its on my double secret list

thx for the heads up

I've got the Tides track if you want to see it in action sometime. With my full batten 7 oz. main it helps a lot. It does stack higher, but that can be overcome.