• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 46 - fair feather

ca_cl

Ericson 46 - fine feather

Hi all, a dear family friend crewed on the ericson 46 'fine feather' in the early 80's out of St Thomas. From googling around it appears the boat may have been lost near great isaac light bahamas (northeast rocks?). Trying to find some more historical info on the boats demise.

Jeff Zucker (same name as nbc owner, not the same guy) owned it one time I believe, preceded by John Root from Ohio.

if anyone remembers or has any direct history, would be appreciated. Thanks!

fine-feather-brocure-1.jpg

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Thanks!

Thanks for checking in!
That is the boat pictured in the splash screen rotation on this site, and I presume the picture was from an EY ad or brochure.

By coincidence today I got a Blog entry update from the couple that is cruising the South Seas in a restored E-46.
Their email address for updates:
crew@realworldcruising.com

Fair winds,
Loren

kapnkd

kapnkd
Hi all, a dear family friend crewed on the ericson 46 'fine feather' in the early 80's out of St Thomas. From googling around it appears the boat may have been lost near great isaac light bahamas (northeast rocks?). Trying to find some more historical info on the boats demise.

Jeff Zucker (same name as nbc owner, not the same guy) owned it one time I believe, preceded by John Root from Ohio.

if anyone remembers or has any direct history, would be appreciated. Thanks!

View attachment 25263

I lived in Miami in the early 70’s and do remember a yellow hulled Ericson visiting our Miami Yacht Club prior to the start of the annual Miami Nassau Race. I also remember a story of it sinking off the Northern end of the Bimini chain while rounding the light and how sick inside I felt as it was a relatively new and beautiful boat. One feature I distinctly remember was the wheel was up relatively close to the companion way unlike my 32.

If memory still serves me, which is getting more questionable, it was a 39’ Ericson though and I thought named Canary or perhaps Hot Canary (??).

Last edited:

kapnkd

kapnkd
...As it comes back to me, I can also remember hearing the boat was recovered from the shallower reef filled waters but the interior was a mess as the diesel tanks had leaked into the cabin. I never heard anything more after that.