• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Masthead anchor light wiring

Blue Moon

Member I
Hi All,

I have a problem, my anchor light stopped working, found that one of the wired must have gotten caught by a halyard and ripped out of the light. I cannot locate it, to get it back up through the hole to the anchor light itself. I tried looking in with a scope, but no success. I am looking for ideas other than pulling the mast. 2 trips up the mast so far and no fix in site.

GrandpaSteve

Sustaining Member
Hi All,

I have a problem, my anchor light stopped working, found that one of the wired must have gotten caught by a halyard and ripped out of the light. I cannot locate it, to get it back up through the hole to the anchor light itself. I tried looking in with a scope, but no success. I am looking for ideas other than pulling the mast. 2 trips up the mast so far and no fix in site.

You can use a light hanging from your boom or a halyard in the meantime, any 360 will do.

I've used this (hanging with the lights facing down https://www.amazon.com/MPOWERD-Luci...ocphy=9007372&hvtargid=pla-311503752408&psc=1

Blue Moon

Member I
Yes doing that now. Just trying to find a way to do a permanent fix. We are also in Rock Hall, swan creek marina.

GrandpaSteve

Sustaining Member
Yes doing that now. Just trying to find a way to do a permanent fix. We are also in Rock Hall, swan creek marina.

I spend the winter in Swan Creek marina, summer in Spring Cove marina. Next time you are up the mast you might want to think about dropping a new wire, rather than retrieving the broken one.

supersailor

Contributing Partner
There is an advantage to using an anchor light low in the rigging. The drunks returning to their boats from the local pub have a better chance of seeing it and avoiding hitting your boat. The masthead anchor light is way up there!

Blue Moon

Member I
There is an advantage to using an anchor light low in the rigging. The drunks returning to their boats from the local pub have a better chance of seeing it and avoiding hitting your boat. The masthead anchor light is way up there!

I agree, but I want all the normal lights working. I am not sure how much extra room there is in the "pipe" wire chase inside the mast. I would like to fish a new wire, but can I get something through for a pull string to run new and the issue of access at the masthead. I may have to go up on the mainsail halyard and try to remove the blocks for the jib halyard to gain access if possible. Everything is much harder sitting at the top of the mast trying hard to not drop anything.