• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Parts or replacement for Homestrand 206

TodBookless

My 1973 E27 has a Homestrand, 2 burner, alcohol stove. When I pump it up, alcohol leaks out around the fittings under the burners and fills the cups under the burner. I have googled around but I have not been able to find replacement parts, and it appears that the stove is no longer made, at least by that name.

Does anyone know where I can get replacement parts for a Homestrand 206? Thanks.

gjersvik

Member II
Have you tried taking it apart and seeing what parts you need? It may be nothing more than a couple of "O" rings that can be bought at any hardware store.

Mitch

Member I
Probably not what you want to hear, but replacing my Kenyon Curtainburner with an Origo nonpressurized stove was one of the best improvements I've made to the boat. Can't imagine going back.
-mitch

Davis Modlin

Inactive Member
When I bought my E-29 10 years ago I had an alc. stove. and it was no good. (same problem that you are having I think) I took it out and put a piece of wood in its place, then I mounted my old coleman stove to it and I have not had any problems since. Not only do I not have anymore threats of alcahol fires, But I can just go down to walmart and purchase propane bottles really cheap. Also this alowed me regain use of the top drawer in the galley.

Davis
E-29
Holy Guacamole

Bill Sanborn

Member III
I have the same stove in my E29. Last time I looked for parts they were availabel at Sure Marine. Sure is in Ballard just S. of Market where that Shell Station is near the Sloop Tavern. Fisheries Supply is another good bet.

The burners are rebuildable and cheaper than new burners.

Joe Benedict

Member II
For What It's Worth

The original cooktop had been removed from the boat when I bought it. She who must be obeyed found that to be unexceptable. After some research, and being assured of a slip with shorepower, I decided on an Origo Alcohol/Electric last winter. The original insert for the stovetop was larger than the Origo so I added to the countertop with plywood and filled in the space with a bathtile edging. Ya, I know that's cheating but it's my boat! As for cost, that's up to you. There is something to be said for going to BoatUS and finding the parts. I also bought mine on Ebay unused for a real good price. See the attched for a view of the installation.

Attachments

• StoveTop1.pdf
    105.5 KB · Views: 665